The Nigerian Stock Exchange closed in the negative territory on Friday 6th September 2019. This is as a result of the responsive sellout of some major blue-chip stocks. Despite the bullish trend, some stockbrokers still have cause to smile.
Top Five Stockbrokers By Volume
- RENCAP SECURITIES (NIG) LIMITED was the number stockbroking firm as at the end of tradings on 6th September 2019. The firm accounts for 15.66% of deals traded on the NSE floor for the week with 344.95 million shares sold.
- STANBIC IBTC STOCKBROKERS LIMITED sold 301.48 million shares accounting for 13.69% deals traded for the week.
- CSL Stockbrokers Limited was involved in 151.55 million shares traded. This represents 6.88% to the total deals traded for the week.
- EFG HERMES NIG LIMITED takes the number fourth position on the top five volume list for the week. The firm was involved in 151.03 million shares sold. This shows 6.86% of the total volume sold.
- A.R.M SECURITIES LIMITED was the fifth-best performing stock for the week. The firms transacted 6.71% of the total deals sold with 147.82 million shares.
Top Five Stockbrokers By Value
- RENCAP Securities (NIG) Limited was also the best performing stockbroker by value for the week. The stockbroker transacted 25.88% of the total deals by value worth N8.87 billion.
- Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers Limited accounts for 25.65% deals traded for the week valued at N8.79 billion.
- FBN Quest Securities Limited was involved in 7% of the total deals traded by value worth N2.40 billion.
- A.R.M Securities Limited traded 4.82% of the total deals amounting N1.65 billion.
- EFG Hermes NIG Limited traded shares worth 1.59 billion, accounting for 4.63% of the total deals.